April 12, 1992
Adventureland is one of the themed lands at Disneyland Park (Paris) in France.
Adventureland contains more heavy Indian and Moroccan influences. It features four themed areas:
- The first, known as Adventureland Bazaar, is a recreation of an oriental city from the 1001 Arabian Nights, presumably Agrabah from the 1992 Disney film Aladdin. In 1993, the attraction Le Passage Enchante d'Aladdin opened in this very area. The concept of the city eventually reached overseas resorts.
- The second part of Adventureland has a more African appearance, and is mainly composed of shops and restaurants.
- The third themed area represents Asian mysterious jungles. Themed to explorers, it features the ride Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril, which was unique in a Disney park in 1993 with its first inversion.
- The last part, and the biggest, is a Caribbean area, covering most of the surface of Adventureland. It features the ride Pirates of the Caribbean and Adventure Isle, a Tom Sawyer Island-like walkthrough spot, with some attractions like Swiss Family Treehouse of Captain Hook's Pirate Ship.
This Adventureland presented some construction problems, mainly due to the unsuitable climate in France. Growing exotic jungles in a place where winters could be harsh was a tough task. This is also the reason why there is no Jungle Cruise ride, since most animatronics animals would have been exposed to this weather. However, abandoned ideas intended to build an adequate ride under a glass roof, but that never came happened.
There is no Tiki Room attraction either, although the Explorers Club Restaurant (now the Colonel Hathi's Outpost) features animatronics birds that used to sing.
- Le Passage Enchante d'Aladdin- (Aladdin's Enchanted Passage)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- La Cabane des Robinson- (Swiss Family Treehouse)
- Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril- (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril)
- Captain Hook's Pirate Ship
- Le Plage des Pirates- (Pirates Beach)
- Adventure Isle
- Make a Wish- Peter Pan to the Rescue
- Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost
- Adventureland Bazaar
- Hakuna Matata Restaurant
- Le Cafe de la Brousse
- Captain Hook's Galley
- Le Comptoir du Capitaine
- Blue Lagoon Restaurant
- Les Epices Enchantees (1992-1995)
- Les Tresorts de Sheherazada (Shahrazade's Treasures)
- La Girafe Curieuse (The Curious Giraffe)
- Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost
- Temple Traders Boutique
- Le Coffre du Capitaine (The Captain's Chest)